Do you want to harvest your own home grown vegetables, don’t know where to start? Growing vegetables at your home may take little effort, if you are starting very first time. Read our quick guide, top 10 easy to Grow summer Vegetables at your Home and start sowing now by starting your own.
Top 10 easy to grow vegetables in summer season…
1. Tomato: If you would like to start a summer vegetables garden, most of the gardener start with tomato because it’s very easy to grow, you can grow tomato, in pot, container, garden bed. you have to prepare growing medium and find out a spot that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day. After sowing the seeds, Sprinkle your tomato seed thinly. once they will reach 5-6 inches, you can transplant them as per your garden need. Plant need at least 6 to 8 hours of sun to bring out their best yield.
2. Bottle Gourd: Bottle gourd is an annual vegetable in India. The bottle gourd plant grows on vines and it’s requires hot and moist climate. You can grow bottle guard in pot, container or gardening bed, it’s vine so you need to put support to plant. The plant grows quite quickly and may show flowers only 40 days after it’s planted.Buy Bottle Guard Seeds >>
3. Cucumber: if you think about summer garden, should not complete without cucumbers. cucumbers are very easy to grow. it’s requires full sun and has an evenly moist, fertile soil, to get maximum yield. Like other summer vine crops, cucumbers are heavy feeders and demand a steady supply of water. You can grow bottle guard in pot, container or gardening bed, it’s vine so you need to put support to plant.
4. Okra: Okra or Ladies Finger, requires long warm whether to grow. Okra is very sun loving plant so Choose fun sun light spot to grow okra. before planting, put the okra seeds in water for 12 to 18 hours to soften its hard seed coat. the seeds take 4-5 days to germinate. The early growth of okra is often slow, but the plants grow much faster once summer starts sizzling.
5. Spinach: Growing Spinach in summer keep your plantation in a location where it receives some shade, especially in the afternoon. You can successfully grow spinach indoors or outdoor or semi, temperature should not be higher (15 C ). Sow seeds directly in containers or in a seedlings tray. Seeds will germinate in 5-12 days depending on the variety and climate.
6. Lettuce: Lettuce is definitely one of the most easy to grow and care free crops. Do not sow seeds in full sunlight in summer, lettuce seeds won’t germinate in soil that is 25 C or warmer. gradually move seedlings into the garden also prefer shade or partial sun light. you can grow lettuce indoor or garden, you can get maximum production both of way.Buy Lettuce Seeds >>
7. Brinjal: It is one of the most common, popular and principal vegetable grown throughout the country. Brinjal can be grown throughout the year. Sow brinjals seeds indoor and transplant them outdoor in very sunny spot. If you’re growing eggplant in pots, use a dark-colored container. Each plant needs larger pots and should be placed in full sun and outdoors so it will get maximum yield.Buy Brinjal Seeds >>
8. Pumpkin: It is also one of the most common and popular vegetable grown throughout the country. Before sowing seeds put them into warm water not hot it’s softened the seeds. Pumpkin seeds sow directly in the ground it’s give us best result. Pumpkins are sensitive to cold. soil temperature should be more then 20 C. The optimum soil is temperature is 30 C.Buy Pumpkin Seeds >>
9. Chilli : Chilies are one of the most wonderful plants to grow, because they come in such a wide variety of colours, sizes, tastes, and spice-levels. Chilies can be either an annual (must be replanted each year) or a perennial.Buy Chilli Seeds >>
10. Radish: The radish is an edible root vegetable of the Brassicaceae family that was domesticated in Europe in pre-Roman times. Radishes are grown and consumed throughout the world, being mostly eaten raw as a crunchy salad vegetable.